Man City 3-1 Arsenal: Positives, Negatives and Player Ratings.
As expected, we come back with no points. Disappointed in the manner of the first goal we conceded. Truth be told, Man City’s quality proved too much for us in the end. We’re still a side in transition and need to be patient with the head coach. It was going well at 1-1, but after City scored the second, they were just too much for us.
- Matteo Guendouzi is going to become one hell of a footballer. At just 19 years of age, the confidence and intelligence he has played with today against one of the best midfields in the world speaks for itself. Generational talent.
- Lacazette had a really good first half. Can’t really blame him for the second half. Everyone dropped their level.
- Emery’s tactics were spot on. The organisation of the team was on point. Some of the personnel, especially the defence and wide men are just not good enough.
- Not scapegoating Iwobi, but conceding so early through such a cheap giveaway did not help us at all. We make too many of these individual mistakes in these games. Just not acceptable at this level.
- The organisation of the team worsened in the second half. We dropped our level after conceding the 2nd goal.
- As we all know, there’s just too many finished/average players that just aren’t good enough. Huge clear out needed come summer.
- Leno -6.5
- Lichtsteiner -4
- Mustafi- 5
- Koscielny- 6
- Monreal- 6
- Kolasinac- 4
- Guendouzi- 8 (Arsenal player of the match)
- Torreira- 6.5
- Iwobi- 5
- Lacazette- 7
- Aubameyang- 5
The subs did not make much of an impact to be rated.
VERDICT: It’s important to forget this defeat and move on. I had already written this game off in my books, but seeing us lose is always disappointing. We go again. COYG!